Over the last month Dr Matt Phillpott has published on the IHR Digital blog a series of posts describing the results of his investigation into the history of historical fiction. The idea was to provide a brief overview of the subject.
These have now been collated into a short online article which is now available as a pdf file.
A history of historical fiction PDF Copy
For access to each section as blog posts click the links below.
1. A Brief History of Historical Fiction Introduction
2. Theories of historical fiction
3. Sir Walter Scott’s Waverley – the first historical novel? Part One
4. Sir Walter Scott’s Waverley – the first historical novel? Part Two
5. Sir Walter Scott’s Waverley – the first historical novel? Part Three
6. Early French historical novelists
7. The first phase of Historical Novels: Don Carlos, Montpensier and The Princess of Cleves
8. The Nineteenth Century Historical Novel – An educative genre
9. The Nineteenth Century Historical Novel – Nationalism and Desire
10. Historical Fiction in the twentieth Century
11. The gendering of historical fiction Part One
12. The gendering of historical fiction Part Two
13. Postmodernism and historical fiction Part One
14. Postmodernism and historical fiction Part Two
im very grateful to you Dr because your reseaches help me very much to achieve my goal of working on historical fiction
Reblogged this on Leveza & Esperança and commented:
Material de leitura do curso que estou seguindo em “Coursera”!
Thank you very much for your investigation. I would like to know when was this published. Thank you again